Quality Care Services Inc. is proud to partner with the VetAssist® Program to get help Veterans or their surviving spouses who qualify, receive assistance through the VA Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit.
To find out if you or your loved one is eligible for the Veterans Aid & Attendance Benefit. Call Angela Marcotte, at (936) 632-7135 or Toll free (888) 832.3002. You can also choose to complete our form below.
The Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit is available to Veterans or surviving spouses who need additional help to get the home care services they need to be comfortable in their own home.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” Although the pension has been around for over 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works.
The VetAssist® Program from Veterans Home Care, LLC:
- Will help you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit.VetAssist Program
- Will assist you to identify and obtain documents needed for the application.
- Will help you complete and submit the application to the VA.
- If you qualify, we will provide your home care right away and Veterans Home Care, LLC will furnish an interest-free loan so you can pay for your home care while the VA processes your application.
- Veterans Home Care, LLC will also monitor your application’s progress, and assist with responses to VA requests for additional information until your pension is approved
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical: Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Viet Nam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
Do you know a Lufkin / Nacogdoches / East Texas Veteran who is needing home care assistance? Let them know Quality Care Services can help them get the care services they need to be comfortable in their own home.